As a wedding planner, I get to see some pretty amazing venues in Western North Carolina (and beyond). I have found that each wedding venue has its own unique aspects that set it apart from others. One venue that I have continually been awed by is The Hawkesdene House. Located in quiet Andrews, North Carolina, it is nestled in the mountains as a true, hidden gem.
I find this venue most attractive for the destination bride. The Hawkesdene House estate can be rented out for the entire weekend! That means the venue, the cabins, and the 33 acres are all yours for 2-6 days (depending on which package you choose). If friends and family are traveling from afar to celebrate, couples can offer them accommodations and meals for the duration of their stay. Not only do guests enjoy the luxury of mountain cabins and great food prepared by the onsite Chef, but they also experience the convenience of being within walking distance of the ceremony and reception.
If you’re a bride in search of the perfect venue, here’s what you need to know:
- You rent the venue for the entire weekend! Most brides opt for 2-4 days
- The price includes set up/breakdown of all your events
- It also includes use of the venue’s tables, chairs, linens, glassware, dishware, basic décor items, etc.
- The Hawkesdene House can easily accommodate up to 125 guests. By renting a tent, a larger guest count is definitely possible; however you will want to confirm your guest number with the venue
- Included in the price is total access to the estate’s 33 acres (gardens, creeks, a hiking trail, the llama barn, a basketball court, etc.)
- The main house and on-site cabins sleep up to 70 guests total
- Additional cabins are being renovated and added near the estate, so by Spring of 2015, the estate will be able to provide more guest accommodations
- There is a nearby hotel about 15 minutes away that can house your overflow guests or there are area cabin and houses for rent that are nice for your guest
- The very talented, onsite chef will provide meals for all guests staying onsite with a wide range of selection
- You can choose to provide meals for offsite guests for an additional fee, should you want them to join you for meals on property
- You can customize your menu as little or as much as you’d like
- There is ALWAYS a fully stocked snack bar for you and your guests. Items include soft drinks, bottled water, hot tea, coffee, hot cocoa, sweet/salty snacks, and fresh fruit
- With Nantahala Outdoor Center just a short drive down the road, there are lots of activities for you and your guests to enjoy (white water rafting, zip lining, gem mining, horseback riding, etc.
- Also the local winery is a great attraction for guest Calaboose Cellars
Below you will find some of my favorite images from past weddings at The Hawkesdene House. I hope this blog will help any brides-to-be visualize how they could too could have the perfect wedding at The Hawkesdene House.